“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another,
as good stewards of God’s varied grace” (1 Pet. 4:10).
There are many ways to serve at Redeemer on Sundays and throughout the week.
SUNDAY MINISTRY LOGISTICS
We are regularly looking for people to help serve in a variety of ways on Sundays, before, during, and after the service. Here are a few ways to get involved:
- Greeters: These are the friendly faces at the front doors. Greeters hand out bulletins and song sheets, help direct people and answer questions, and generally serve as guests' first impression of our community.
- Hospitality: We hope to create a warm and inviting environment every Sunday. Those who work in this area get a chance to bless the whole congregation with refreshments.
- Communion: We have four people at the front who serve communion immediately following the sermon each Sunday. This is an important moment each week to remind people of Jesus' body broken and blood shed for the forgiveness of sins.
- Prayer: We have people on the sides during communion to pray for those who need prayer and encouragement.
- Offering/Money Counters: These are the people who make the "offering announcement" up front, who pass the plates, and then count the tithes/offerings after the service.
This deserves it's own section! We are always looking for kind men and women willing to serve our church and our children in our children's ministry program each Sunday, both during Sunday school and during the worship service. Also, if you're not ready to oversee a child, you can oversee an iPad and serve at child check-in. :)
Join our awesome team to serve our junior high and high school students during Sunday school and Wednesday nights. The students regularly serve inside and outside our church as well as enjoy regular fun events in and around Brenham.
music and sound
Our church has been blessed with skilled musicians, worship leaders, and sound engineers. We want to empower more and more to serve on our worship team to help lead us in worship each week.
If you've been at Redeemer for any length of time, you've probably been blessed by our care team. This team helps coordinate help to those who need it. Whether it's providing meals, help around the house, or a truck and a strong back to help a family move, this is a critical ministry to our community.
Help people get to worship and to stay connected to our community! This is a powerful ministry to serve people by transportation to and from our Sunday morning services. Drivers use the church van to pick up people in and around Brenham.
There are many opportunities to serve during our frequent events. This may include hospitality for potlucks, serving as a coach or team leader at our summer Crossover basketball camp, and helping with decorations at our annual birthday parties. Lots of different areas to choose from.
God has blessed us with an amazing facility! Our job is to faithfully and wisely steward this facility. There's always a need for people to serve in maintenance and repairs, renovations, and construction projects.
Sunday school and community groups
We offer Sunday school for all ages every Sunday from 9:00-9:45AM. We also offer Community Groups that meet throughout the week to eat dinner together, pray together, read Scripture together, and share life together. Leaders help facility Sunday school classes and/or host/oversee Community Groups in their homes.
If you would like more information about serving our church, please contact us below.